When you add a field to a standard entity, it normally gets the prefix of the default solution. This works, but if you have your own custom publisher, you would probably also want to have it use your custom prefix. This blog post shows you how.
It is assumed that you already have a customer publisher and an empty solution you want to add the custom field to. In this blog post, the publisher as shown below is used.
- Add a custom field to the standard entity. In this blog post, the field “Twitter” is added to the standard entity “Contact”. As you can see from the screenshot below, the prefix is “cr28d” and not “demo”.
- Go to the solution you want to add the custom field to.
- Click on “Add existing”.
- Click on “Entity”.
- Select the entity “Contact” and click on “Next”.
- Click on “Select components”.
- Select the added field and click on “Add”.
- Click on “Add”.
- You have now returned to the solution and it contains the entity “Contact”. Click on “Contact” (Display name). You can see that the field is added but still has the wrong prefix.
- Click on “Add field”.
- Now add the field again. As you can see, the correct prefix is now used.
- After adding the field again, select the wrong field and click on “Delete field”.
- Click on “Save Entity”.
You now have a field with the correct prefix.